Maths and science video tutorials and extra lessons
Online Maths and Science Video Tutorials and Extra Lessons
Hello tutor’s intention as a maths and science video platform is to make it as easy as possible for our learners to find video content relevant to the topics they are battling with. To do so, we have created a simple way to navigate the thousands of video lessons available on the site.
Video Lessons Navigation
When signing into hello tutor you are immediately taken to the “search videos” page which looks as follows;
The five slots available include a search field and 4 dropdowns which can be used as follows;
- The “Search videos, tutors…” field can be used as a quick way of finding what you are looking for. It can be used in the same way that you would use google to find information on the internet. For most effective use, type in the keyword/s best describing what you are looking for. The downside of this approach is that it search videos across the system. So, a search for Trigonometry would bring up video covering both grade 11 and grade 12 content which may then require further sorting.
- A more effective way to find relevant extra lessons/video tutorials is to use the dropdowns. The dropdowns should be used in the order that they appear;
- Language of video,
- Grade & Subject,
- As an example, one could choose “English” as the language you want to watch a video in, then select “grade 12 – maths” as the year and subject of choice and then “trigonometry” as a category. This leaves just the topic drop-down to select from which will ensure all videos presented are relevant to what you are looking for. In the case of Trigonometry, you would be able to choose from the following topics;
- Application of Trigonometric Functions,
- Compound Angles Identities,
- Double Angle Identities,
- Solving Equations, and,
- Two and Three Dimensions.
What is a series?
In cases where one video cannot adequately cover a topic, our tutors create a series of videos which they group together. It is often important that these videos are watched in the correct order, as they build on one another. Tutors make sure the videos are ordered correctly and providing further guidance by numbering the videos in the title.
Maths and Science Past Paper Videos
An excellent use of the series functionality is the grouping of past paper videos on the site. Tutors have created past paper video solutions covering the last 3 years of NSC matric exams. Going through these series is a wonderful and effective way of preparing for matric exams.
How to Register?
Registering on hello tutor is FREE and SIMPLE. Simply click here, complete the short form and you’ll have your own profile on the system in less than 2 minutes. There is no cost to signing up and e give you a few free videos to get a feel for things. Thereafter, there are a few ways of paying for content.
What does access to the maths and science extra lessons cost?
Not a lot! You have two options;
- Pay as you go – Each video costs R2 to purchase for 48 hours. The video lesson can be watched repeatedly for free within the 48 hour period. Thereafter, you’ll need to pay another R2. While the video sits within the 48 hour period, it can be found in the “Watch” tab. All major credit and debit cards can be used to upload content through the safe and secure Payfast channel.
- Subscribe – To subscribe to hello tutor and enjoy unlimited access to all content on the system for just R49 per month, click here.
For more information on hello tutor contact us through the following channels;
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should there be any content you feel is not adequately covered and would like our team of tutors to help with, this is the most useful channel to go through. Simply send us an email with the details of what you require and we’ll get a video up within 48 hours.
- Visit our Facebook page and let us know your thoughts – Facebook
- Connect with us on Twitter and follow all news and developments – Twitter
In summary, hello tutor is a learning resource available to all learners and can be accessed through any smart device. These include cell phones, tablets, laptops and home PC. We even have an app which you can download from the Google Play and Apple iStore. We hope that you find the platform useful and look forward to seeing you on the site!